Positive Positive Positive
Hello there. I was going to start this with what I have NOT done, but deleted that and will say what I HAVE accomplished this week.
- I have not eaten sugar since Friday! In solidarity with the Mamavation Moms, Rachel (@rachelsteffen) and Shelley (@Momma_oz), I will be sugar free until early December. Yes, I will be sugar free through Halloween AND Thanksgiving!! Madness, I tell you!
- I have made plans to workout with a friend two mornings a week, starting tomorrow. I feel good about having a workout partner on these days because it will help me stay accountable and drag my ass out of bed at 6 AM on Mondays and Thursdays!
- I’m also going to try Zumba with my neighbor. I doubt I’m coordinated enough, but I’ll try anything once!
- I was going to buy a Wii, but have decided that I will buy a bike trainer for my bike, the kind you can hook up on your regular bike to ride it as a stationary bike inside. I need to ride and I want to keep my waist whittled down.
I am not going to focus on what I haven’t done this week. I beat myself up enough during the week and feel like what is the point of “telling on” myself. Here’s what I’m planning for this week:
- I am going to attempt to meal plan for at least 5 days this week. I’m hoping my fit friends—Shelley (@Momma_oz), Gail (@its_gail) and Laila (@OnlyLaila)—will maybe join me in this? Let’s exchange our plans with each other and maybe we’ll all get some new ideas.
- I will meet my friend for workouts 2 mornings this week.
- I will continue to eat sugar free.
- I will try the Zumba class with my neighbor.
- I will bring my mountain bike in to be tuned up at the bike shop so I can use it with the new trainer, which I will either order online or buy somewhere this week.
- Finish watching the Pete Cohen TV videos and get my 21-day groove on.
- Find a trail to mountain bike on!!
I NEED exercise in order not to be a total bitch and miserable inside my own skin. I just need to do it. Thanks again to Leah (@bookieboo) for reminding me of this. Her video about exercise is both for those of us who hate exercise and those of us who love it. (I love it, for the record and desperately need to get back to it.)
Sista of the Week
Congratulations to April (@GAFlygirl) for Sister of the Week! She is kicking exercise butt! Very proud of her!
This week I really really want the Mamavation TV prize, which is sponsored by Subway, a $50 LuluLemon gift certificate, a green Gaiam gym bag & yoga mat! Lululemon and Gaiam have really cute, high-quality exercise gear, but it’s pretty expensive, so I’d be happy to be able to buy something from them! The giveaway is part of Subway’s new campaign called Commit to Fit. Jared from Subway is recommitting to fitness by running the NY Marathon this year! I’ll so be watching to see how he and Meb, the winner from last year do! The guy Meb is up against is the fastest marathoner in the WORLD!!!
While I’ve Got You Here!
Check out my giveaways posts so you can see what I’ve entered to win and what you can also enter, and remember that you can win Commenter of the Week each week for commenting on your Sista’s posts. You don’t have to comment on all of them, but just leave comments that are meaningful in some way. This isn’t to say that the “way to goes” are not appreciated too!
Speaking of Commenter of the Week, I am very very happy to announce that this week’s commenter of the week, and winner of a 20-minute session with the wonderful Pete Cohen is………Kia (@bodhi_bear) from BodhiBear. Kia’s comments are always very helpful, sweet and she clearly cares. Congrat, Kia!!
And, in case you didn’t know, I am giving away a “I am my own superhero” t-shirt from MizFitOnline.com. Here’s a picture. She told me this is the one and only time she is giving one away! I’m so honored!
Lastly, if you have any foods that you’d like for me to feature in my “What’s In It? Wednesdays post, I’m taking suggestions! My Diet Coke post got the most hits ever on my site! Pretty cool.