Wow, the past week and a half has been enough to show me that if I don’t exercise, I kind of fall into a deep hole (I’ve fallen into a deep hole and I can’t get up!) of just sitting all day at my computer feeling achy, depressed, irritable and antsy. It all started when my knee started hurting from running. I did have to take a break from running, but I didn’t have to take a break from ALL exercise. I didn’t have to stop watching my food intake either, but I’ve done that to a certain extent too.
Enough beating myself up. I need to start doing some positive self talk! I loved Stephanie Hamm’s (@fitmomintraining) post “Flexing Your Mental Mamaguns” about how we tend to talk about ourselves in negative ways and how that really is a recipe for failure. You can check out her post to find out some strategies to STOP! I have to go read it again and again because the negative self doubt is there full force right now. (See Pete Cohen’s video about shutting the duck up here. I would like to give the duck a karate chop to the beak!)
Something within me—or perhaps a combination of knowing exercise will make me feel better and the contact I have daily with people on the healthy and fit track—is urging my brain to listen to my body and GET OUT THERE AND MOVE. One of the people I feel quite inspired by is Carla (@MizFitOnline) from MizFitOnline.com. She is fit, healthy both mentally and physically, has great arms and is a great role model for what I’d like to be physically. It’s not just her body, it’s also her philosophy on clean eating, her drive and her sense of humor. You should definitely check her out if you haven’t already.
Here’s Carla wearing one of her tanks! She is hot!
She also has tees that say “I Love Myself” and “Unapologetically Myself.” I want to have that attitude again, just need to get there. I’m going to get outside later today even if it is for a 30-minute walk, then, once I get all of your comments, I’m going to buy myself one of these tees as part of my positive self talk campaign!
But YOU don’t have to buy a shirt! You can win one! I’m so excited to announce that I will be giving away a MizFitOnline “I am my own superhero” t-shirt on my blog! This motto really hit me because I think a lot of us have looked outward for someone to save us or tell us how to live our lives and when you get to the point where you realize your own power, you want to shout it out to the world (from the stern of a cruise boat that’s about to crash into a huge iceberg)! It kicks ass too. I will get back to that place.
I will be giving away a t-shirt or tank top, kindly donated by @MizFitOnline!! I’m so excited because I love her blog and the message she sends.
- Follow @middleagedjock on Twitter, and come back here and tell me you did. Or if you already follow me, just leave a comment saying that.
- Who is your hero? Leave a comment about your superhero. It can be yourself too!
(Please LEAVE COMMENTS FOR EACH ENTRY. For instance, if the task is for 3 entries, please leave 3 separate comments)
- Follow @mizfitonline on Twitter. (1 entry)
- Subscribe to Middle-Aged Jock via email on the sidebar. (3 entries)
- Tweet this: “I am my own superhero and I want @MizFitOnline’s tee to tell the world! I entered giveaway! http://tinyurl.com/3287yt7” (1 entry) Please leave a link to your tweet. You can tweet once a day for extra entries. Make sure you leave a comment each time.
- Leave a comment telling me why you love yourself! I’ll respond to these comments with why I love YOU. Even if I don’t know you, I’ll find something to love. Don’t be afraid! (1 entry)
- Go to @MizFitOnline’s store and tell me which is your favorite t-shirt or tank top! (1 entry)
- Check out Stephanie’s blog post on Flexing Your Mental Mamaguns and leave a comment. (3 entries)
- Go to this contest and tell them Greta from MiddleAgedJock sent you. You also will be entered to win a different giveaway! (2 entries)
- Tell me which t-shirt or tank you think I should buy from MizFitOnline’s store. I will buy the one that gets the most votes! (2 entries)
- Enter the Kodak Gallery Photo Book $50 Gift Certificate Giveaway on Bookieboo! (3 entries)
Tees and tanks come in women’s (S-XXL), men’s (S-XXL) and children’s sizes (XS-L)!
Contest ends on November 5th at 9 PM EST. The winner will be picked via random.org and I will post winner by October 31st at 12 noon EST.