Good morning all. I have to share this video with you because it really spoke to me. It’s by Pete Cohen from weight loss guru, and it’s like one of those things that makes so much sense but that we forget from time to time. I remember reading once that people who read fitness magazines actually perform worse than if they don’t read them, that the reading of the magazines actually discourages them from being fit somehow. Watching this video, it makes perfect sense to me now.
What I got from this video:
- Stop buying into a perfection that doesn’t exist.
- Start from the inside. You know those people with the 6-pack abs are rotten inside. Kidding, but maybe we do focus too much on the outside and not enough on the inside.
- Feeling better about myself is key because then I’ll be focused on health and feeling great and not getting that perfect body from when I was 20 and starving back. It will NEVER happen.
- If we focus on being healthy and fit, we will get results faster than we will if the goal is to LOOK perfect.
- Stop trying to look like someone else. One of the commenters on his video said “aspire to be a better YOU.” That’s something I like to do, compete with myself. Do better in that next 5K, go faster on my bike, maybe even lose a pants size. It’s something attainable and measurable.
As a child I loved my body: Running, playing, skipping, jumping, and not thinking about how it LOOKED. I’d like to get back there!
And, like I told Pete, I LIKE his nose!